Goodwill Hunting: April Shower

It's been raining a lot here lately. We've even had a few thunderstorms! I lived in the Midwest for many years and have seen a lot of rain and thunderstorms but rarely had to use an umbrella. We just didn't have to walk outdoors that much. Here in Cali however, is a bit different. My kids now have complete sets of rain gears and they love jumping in puddles in their rain boots.

This month's Goodwill Hunting challenge should be a piece of cake. I was wrong. I went to three different thrift stores and could not find any rain gear, not even for kids. Then I thought to myself, I need to be creative. When I walk in the rain, I often wish I had a water-resistant purse. What I really wanted was an Orla Kiely but I found these at Savers.

First one is a brand-new Baggallini a la carte bagg0. The black is selling on Amazon for $84.95 and I got it for $7.99!





The second one is a pre-owned navy Long Champ Le Pilage Small Shoulder Tote. Brand new ones are selling at longchamp.com, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom for $125.00. I got this used one in great condition for $3.99! It's almost too good to be true so I had to do some research online to make sure it is authentic. I examined the leather flap, logo, zipper pull, fabric and lining, reinforced snap, and from what I can tell, it is the real thing. I really lucked out!



I wonder what lili found for April Shower.

Comments

Popular Posts