The bright, beautiful, colorful world of Marimekko

It's been raining a lot here lately. Our little town just isn't ready for this much rain. Many streets are flooded. After several days of grey, we're ready for some sunshine. Or, you just walk into this "bright, beautiful, colorful world of Marimekko" for a quick fix.

I first discovered Marimekko when I was doing my research for the Floral Trend post over the summer. I was attracted to its bold, colorful and original designs. Marimekko is a Finnish company founded in 1951 by Armi Ratia. I find the name really interesting that it is a play on words. "Mari" is an anagram of the first name of the founder while "mekko" means dress in Finnish. We're so lucky to be one of the 5 cities in the US to have a Marimekko store. My dear friend, sewbee, and I had to make a special trip to visit the store. It was refreshing! 





















Comments

Popular Posts