Kale Chips

I've never been a huge fan of kale.  I know I should like it because it is known for its antioxidant properties and is a very good source of Vitamin A, C, K, dietary fibre, etc.  I just hadn't found the perfect recipe, until I came across one on www.wholeliving.com.

INGREDIENTS:
1 bunch of kale
sea salt
2 tbsp olive oil

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F
2. Wash and dry kale
3. Remove stem (you can save this for vegetable stock or compost)
4. Tear green leaves into roughly 2" pieces (if you have kids, they'll love helping you with this step)
5. Spread the greens on a baking sheet
6. Sprinkle olive oil and salt on top
7. Toss
8. Bake for 20 min and you have these delicious, crunchy, nutritious snacks that you just can't stop eating!




Photo courtesy of smittenkitchen.com




The best part is, the kids love them too!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts