A Vilynx addiction

Happy Thanksgiving week!

I'm super excited to be part of this startup, Vilynx. I know. I'm back in the startup scene. Crazy right? This time around, I'm in the heart of Silicon Valley so it's a bit different. Just a bit.  

These people work day and night, literally. I've never met a group of people that are so passionate about what they do. The company is spread out all over the world: seven in Spain, one in Hong Kong (no, not me, wish it was though), four in the Silicon Valley. You'd think it'd be hard to communicate and get things done. It's actually quite the opposite. I'd send an email to our developers in Spain at 4 pm my time (1 am their time) and get an email back within minutes. With the team all over the world, things actually get done around the clock. What a model.

In the short seven weeks I've been with the company, we've accomplished a lot. We were at two large technology shows: DEMO and GMIC-SV. At DEMO, we launched the iPhone app. We presented on stage and received great feedback from the panel judges. Shortly after, we launched Vilynx for iPad. At GMIC-SV, we won 3rd place at appAttack. Then last Friday, Android arrived!

If you take personal videos (and if you don't you should start), you need Vilynx. It allows you to access your family videos that are stored across your devices. If you're like me, you're taking more and more videos using your phone and storage quickly becomes a problem. I now take my videos using Vilynx, and they're all stored in the cloud account(s) of my choice, automatically.

I would say my favorite part about Vilynx is the sharing option. There's a tab for all videos that my Vilynx friends share with me. I don't have to search everywhere to find a video from an email anymore. They're all there in one place.

Another feature is the revolutionary user interface which displays 4 highlights of a video and plays 5 seconds of each highlight which makes browsing easy.

There is more. And with the holiday season around the corner, you'll just have to play with it. But be careful, it is addictive.



Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!



Comments

Popular Posts