- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (enough to cover your cookie sheet)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 2. Rinse and dry pumpkin seeds. I spread them on a baking sheet and let dry for an afternoon.
- 3. Toss seeds in the melted butter, add garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and coat the seeds.
- 4. Spread seeds evenly on a baking sheet
- 5. Keep an eye on them. Bake for 5 min, check and stir, then bake for another 5 min, check and stir, until they're browned. Depending on size of seeds it'll take anywhere from 5 - 20 min. Mine were ready in 10 min.
- 6. let cool before serving.
- 7. Enjoy! Warning... these are addictive.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Toasted pumpkin seeds
I saved the seeds from two medium sized pumpkins this year and toasted them. It turned out very good so I decided to share the recipe. Most of the recipes out there have long baking time (an hour or more) but this one saves time and energy.